Registration is Closed
Check back for the Spring of 2022 registration!
In this section we break-down the fees and costs associated with team participation. There are essentially two entities – the national governing body (PICL – Pennsylvania Interscholastic Cycling Association) and the team itself (Downingtown Composite).
League Dues…(multiple options)
Pennsylvania Interscholastic Racing League (PICL – national governing body)
$300 – Option #1 – “standard” ALL-IN includes all statewide events
Option #1 “Statewide events” refers to either adventure rides (long and casual fun rides with other teams throughout the state) or races — some weekends feature both. The All-In option does not require you to attend all events, but it is a cost effective, once-and-done way to get access to all events.
$200 – Option #2 – “practice only”
Option #2 gets you all weekly rides with the team, as well as any “Local Dirt” events, which are rides or informal races with a few other local teams.
Note: if a rider decided to add the all-in racing option after initial registration, it is a $125 add-on. Riders also have the option of registering for races “a la carte” for $45 per event – note that option #1 includes all event registrations with the fee.
Team Dues (required)
Team Dues go directly to team operations, not a national governing body AND INCLUDE: Team Jersey, Team Socks and a Team tech t-shirt. If you consider that a cycling jersey typically sells for between $50 and $100…this is a pretty good deal!
$150 – team dues
(Can be waived with $250 in sponsorship dollar commitments.
Total participant cost…
Minimum: $200 (“practice only” league option, and team dues waived with $250 in sponsorship)
Maximum: $450 (“All-In” league option, and no sponsorship)
Registering for the team is a two step process…
- Register for the team here. If you know you’ll be getting a sponsorship, please wait until you have submitted a check to Danielle or Beth before registering, and then choose the sponsorship option. Let us know if you need sponsorship paperwork.
- Register for the league in Pitzone.
- New riders will be sent an invite within about a day of registering for the team.
- Returning riders can go straight to Pitzone.
In order to keep things clean behind the scenes for the league, they have asked that we all use the exact same spelling for our school names (no acronyms or abbreviations) when registering in Pitzone. It helps them with their auditing and makes sure the right kids are on the right team.
Downingtown District MTB Team
- Downingtown High School East
- Downingtown High School West
- Lionville Middle School
- Downingtown Middle School
- Marsh Creek Sixth Grade Center
- Downingtown Cyber Academy
Downingtown Composite MTB Team
- Coatesville Area Senior High School
- Windsor Christian School
- PALCS (we’ll allow the acronym for this one)
- Westtown School
- The Concept School
- Woodlynde School
- Collegium Charter School
If your school isn’t listed here, you get to define it, but please let me know how you spell it (please don’t use acronyms) so others who might attend the same school can be consistent.